Statement of Fundamental Truths of Covenant Word Church
1. The Scriptures Inspired. We believe the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
2. The One True God. We believe in one God, existing eternally and manifested in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. The Deity of Jesus. We believe that Jesus was in the beginning with God and that he was God. We believe Jesus was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. We believe in his atoning death, his bodily resurrection, and his ascension to the right hand of the Father.
4. The Fall of Man. We believe that man was created good and upright but voluntarily sinned and as a result incurred physical and spiritual death.
5. The Salvation of Man. We believe that the only means of our being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the atoning blood of Jesus. Salvation is obtained by confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God has raised him from the dead.
6. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit. We believe that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is distinct from and follows the new birth. We believe that the physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
7. Divine Healing. We believe that Christ’s death on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
8. God is good. We believe that God is a good God and that he does not bring sickness and calamity into our lives to teach us or to incur our obedience. God takes the things that Satan means for evil and turns them to our good.
9. The Rapture of the Church. We believe in the resurrection of those who have died in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord. This is the blessed hope of the church.
10. The Millennial Reign of Christ. We believe that Jesus will return with His saints at His second coming and will begin His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
11. A Final Judgment. We believe a Final Judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
12. We believe and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people of all time who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. “And so shall we forever be with the Lord.”
STATEMENT OF FAITH